Office of Institutional Research at Vassar College
124 Raymond Ave., Box 469, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604–0469
Phone: (845) 437–5491
Selected Sites for Comparative Data
- College InSight (Vassar College Information) Puts selected higher education data at your fingertips. Browse and compare information on colleges and universities concerning affordability, diversity, and student success, enrollments, and debt. Caution: data are often not up to date with those currently available. Developed by TICAS, The Institute for College Access and Success.
- College Results Online (Vassar College Information) takes public data from U.S. Department of Education databases and provides it in a simple interface making it easy to select and compare several colleges on a number of key statistics. It was developed by the Education Trust to help students and parents examine college graduation rates and related variables. It allows users to:
- Examine overall graduation rates and see how those rates have changed over time
- Learn about universities' records graduating diverse groups of students
- Compare the graduation rates of similar institutions - colleges and universities that share many characteristics and serve similar student populations
- CollegeNavigator (Vassar College Information) Developed by the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to provide a core set of statistics compiled from several mandatory public surveys. Designed primarily for prospective students and parents, all users may search for colleges that meet various criteria, and they cay easily compare results for up to four colleges side by side. Provides IPEDS-based data on costs of attendance, financial aid, enrollment, admissions, retention and graduation rates, programs and majors, varsity athletics, accreditation, campus security, and federal loans.